Christian Horner backs Sergio Perez for 2024, Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, AlphaTauri

Christian Horner backs Sergio Perez for 2024, Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, AlphaTauri

This is not the news Daniel Ricciardo fans wanted to hear.

Since the Australian’s return to the grid, hopes have grown that a return alongside Max Verstappen at Red Bull was on the cards.

Watch the F1 Las Vegas Grand Prix on Sunday, November 19 at 5pm EST. Join Kayo now and start streaming instantly>

Rumors have swirled around the world of Formula 1, and with Sergio Perez’s struggles, the speculation has only increased.

But all those hopes and dreams have now been shattered thanks to Red Bull team principal Christian Horner.

The Red Bull boss has emphatically put his support behind the Mexican star, who has a year left on his current contract.

“I am completely confident and clear that Chico (Perez) will be our driver next year,” Horner told Motorsport.com.

“Now, if he gets injured or something like that, there are circumstances beyond our control. But the clear plan and therefore the clear intention is that he will continue. We plan to follow through. We have announced the AlphaTauri drivers, we have the Red Bull Racing drivers. This is the way we intend to race In 2024.”

Daniel Ricciardo’s dreams were shattered by a reality bombSource: provider

The world of Formula 1 was thrown into chaos when conflicting reports emerged that former world champion Fernando Alonso and Ricciardo would replace Perez.

Speculation about Ricciardo’s push for the #2 Red Bull seat has increased dramatically after the Australian produced his best performance of the season at the Mexican Grand Prix.

However, that speculation has been dashed as fans and commentators turned their attention to the suggestion that it is Alonso who will get the job.

The scandal began with a suggestion from leading F1 commentator Albert Fabrega that he had heard a disturbing rumour.

“I don’t want to believe the rumor they’re telling me now in the ring. No,” he posted to his 400,000 Twitter followers.

From there, rumors quickly spread about Alonso, who had previously been linked with retirement after a poor performance at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico City.

With the collapse in the sport, Fabrega moved to clarify his comment.

“I’ll just say one thing about the rumor I told you yesterday. From the tone of the text it’s clear that I don’t want that to happen.”

“From here, you can speculate as much as you/we want. I hope it remains a rumor and not news. End of thread.”

However, these rumors appear to have been put to rest following Horner’s confirmed support for Perez.

Both Alonso and Ricciardo were strapped into the seat alongside Max. (Photo by Mark Thompson/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images

Ricciardo returned to Red Bull ahead of the 2023 season as a reserve driver before being returned to the grid with AlphaTauri.

The Australian star has signed a contract extension with Red Bull’s partner team to participate alongside Yuki Tsunoda for next season.

Ricciardo said he was “excited” to continue on the grid alongside Tsunoda.

“I am excited to drive with Yuki again next year and continue the journey with Scuderia AlphaTauri,” Ricciardo said in a statement.

“With the progress we’ve already made and the plans for the future, it’s an exciting time for the team. We’re building and it’s a great feeling. There’s a lot of work to do, but we’re heading in the right direction and there’s a lot to look forward to. Bring on 2024!”

    (tags for translation)Central America

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *